Grounds Crew Openings
The Waukewan Golf Club is in the process of hiring two additional full time seasonal grounds crew employees for the 2019 Golf Season. The job duration is approximately mid-May through mid-October and requires about 40 hours per week. Please review the basic job responsibilities listed below. If interested, please click on the employment application link at the bottom of this screen to apply.
Grounds Crew Employee Basic Responsibilities
- Cuts grass and trims weeds using hand mower or power driven mower, weed trimmer and brush cutter.
- Plants grass, trees, shrubs, or flowers according to instructions and planned design of landscaped area, using hand tools.
- Applies mulch to designated areas.
- Pulls weeds around bushes, trees and flower beds and removes leaves, dirt and debris from golf course grounds.
- Repairs and paints benches, tables, rails and may assist in repair of roads, walks, buildings and mechanical equipment using hand tools.
- Maintain fairways and all adjacent Golf Course property.
- Performs preventative maintenance of facilities and buildings.
- Trims hedges and prunes trees using hand and power tools.
- Perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks.
- Directs large problems to supervisor.
- Must report for work at required time and date and maintain a responsible attendance record.
- The ability to follow a supervisor’s instructions, tolerate certain levels of stress, and attend work on a punctual, regular basis.
- Work outside for long periods of time and in all kinds of weather, performing tasks that require physical strength and endurance.
- Understand and follow instructions and specifications.
- Adjust to doing the same kind of work all day long or performing a variety of different tasks on the same day, depending on daily work load needs.
- Work skillfully with your hands to do a variety of tasks.
- Related and other duties as required.
If interested, please click here to download an employment application or contact Tim Noe at firstname.lastname@example.org.